Our butcher, Gavin has moved into the main farm shop – so the meat and greet is now happening where the deli counter used to be. Gavin will now be running the butchery during the following hours:
- Wednesday and Thursday 10am – 1pm
- Friday and Saturday 10am – 3pm
You can still pick up pre-packed meat during the rest of the week from the meat fridge, as well as placing orders for larger cuts for whenever you want, as Gavin makes sausages and breaks down carcasses on Monday or Tuesday.
We hope that making the butchery an integral part of the shop will make it easier for our customers to purchase in one place – and we hope that increased meat sales will ensure that we can offer an even wider range of outstanding locally reared meat and game.
I’m sure you will agree that having our in-house butcher has transformed the quality and choice of our meat. We are competitively priced with Waitrose and other supermarkets, but offer a service that is alien to any supermarket:
- Gavin will happily discuss with you which cut is best for which meal and how to cook it.
- Our meat is aged in our cold room for flavour and tenderness
- We can tell you which farm or estate your meat came from.
- All of our meat is locally produced – so when you buy it you are supporting your local farmers and the landscape you live in.
His sausages are truly outstanding – and we are still doing 3 packs for £10 so now is the time to try them out. You don’t have to take our word for it – here is one of our customers comments this week (and he takes his food VERY seriously!)
“Those sausages were the best I have ever tasted. Anywhere. Really outstanding. Can I have some more??”