Christmas lunch with family and friends needs a delicious Christmas Turkey that you can be proud of. Our customers come back year after year saying it was “the best turkey we have ever tasted”. The reasons why our turkeys are so tasty is as follows:
- Walters Turkeys – a family run business who have specialized in traditional Christmas Turkeys for 45 years
- Bronze Turkeys – a slow growing breed that reaches maturity naturally
- Free Range – They not only have great views over the Berkshire downs, but they have plenty of room on the grass meadows to behave naturally.
- High Welfare – With no routine anti-biotics, spacious surroundings and that never have to travel away from the farm, a happy turkey is a tasty turkey.
- Award Winning – Great Taste Awards in 2014 and 2015, members of the Traditional Farm Fresh Turkey Association (TFTA), a SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) certified supplier
- Traditionally Prepared – The turkeys are dry plucked and game hung for a minimum of 7 days to ensure outstanding flavour, texture and succulence.
I have personnally visited the farm to see the turkeys myself and they look extremely happy in beautiful surroundings. The taste of the Christmas turkey is consistently outstanding – with loads of flavour, moist and tender.
You can either order your turkey online – we have a choice of Free Range Bronze, Organic or Barn Reared – along with crowns and butterflies – or come into the shop to discuss your requirements.