I know that this is the second wild garlic soup recipe in a week – but it was so easy and delicious that I just had to share it with you. The butternut squash are still in great condition and the wild garlic should be eaten at every available opportunity. It’s also a one pot soup (although you could roast the butternut squash in a pan if you wanted.
- 1 Butternut Squash – peeled and diced
- large handful of wild garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions diced
- 2 mild red chillis, deseeded & finely chopped
- 850ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or plain yogurt
Sweat the onions in the butter in a heavy pan over low heat for 10 minutes, then add the butternut squash, chilli and stock and simmer until the squash is soft. Add the wild garlic and simmer for a further 2 minutes, before adding the creme fraiche and blitzing with a liquidizer. Serve in bowls with a swirl of creme fraiche and a wild garlic flower.