On the menu we have a Hummus Flatbread. Doesn’t look like much, but we don’t have a huge amount of room on the blackboard. I thought I would let you in on a little secret: I love the hummus flatbread and have had it twice in the last 4 days.
For your £6 you get a wood-fired flatbread using our homemade dough, sprinkled with marinaded beans and roasted red peppers and topped with parsley and Parmesan cheese. You also get a tub of pickles and hot sauce and a generous dollop of hummus – all homemade.
Simply grab a warm chunk of flatbread, scoop up the hummus, add a pickle and dunk in the hot sauce. Yum. It’s healthy, delicious and incredibly satisfying, but if you want something even more substantial then the other flatbreads (especially the lamb merguez) are mighty.
Wood-fired kitchen is open this Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon in the courtyard. If there are more than 4 of you, why not give us a call on 02392 413 576 and we can reserve a table for you?
The following will be available:
- Mac & Cheese – £3
- Garden Salad – £3
- Spring Slaw – £2
- Pork Terrine, house pickles and sourdough – £4.50FLATBREADS
- Garlic – £4
- Hummus, house pickles, marinaded beans, homemade hot sauce – £6
- Spring Lamb & Harissa – Merguez sausage, rosemary & garlic lamb balls, harissa, roasted red peppers, coriander, marinaded beans, red onion and sour cream – £7
- Goats Cheese & Pesto – Capricorn Goats Cheese, Pesto, red onions, pickled chilli, roasted red pepper – £7
- Meat Ball – Tomato sauce, red peppers, sour cream, pickles, hot sauce – £6PIZZAS
- Margherita with Nutbourne Tomatoes – £8.50
- Ham & Pineapple – £9
- BBQ Pork with marinaded beans, creme fraiche, coriander, red peppers and onions – £9