Gazpacho soup really is one of my favourite summer foods – cool, refreshing and deeply satisfying, it’s a taste of the summer.
I can recommend a selection of Isle of Wight tomatoes for the full flavour profile, with the sunshine providing incredible taste at the moment.
Gazpacho Soup Recipe – feeds 4
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, skinned, cored and chopped (we recommend a mix of the Isle of Wight’s beef steak, cherry and Arriton Jewel tomatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 75g stale crusty white bread, chopped
- 2–2½ tbsp sherry vinegar, or to taste
Method – get chopping, placing all the prepared ingredients into a bowl and mixing with your hands along with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and seasoning. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge or overnight. Then Whizz until smooth adding more seasoning and olive oil if necessary. Chill until very cold, wait for a perfect summer day and serve with a sprig of basil and toast.