We have fresh supplies of local, sustainable Hampshire Charcoal from Three Copse Woodland – made in the woods of Clanfield in charcoal kilns, continuing a tradition that is at least 8,000 years old.
The charcoal is available to buy in convenient bags and is ideal for the BBQ – the wood used is ash or hazel – which are both hardwoods that provide a steady, controllable burn and a delicate smoke. This will result in a seriously hot BBQ that will last far longer than your average bag of charcoal, and is ideal for the serious BBQ cook this summer. Each bag costs £10.95
The charcoal is
- Easy to light
- Ready to cook quickly
- Can be topped up as you cook
- Produces little ash
- Contributes to sustaining local woodlands, local skills, and rural trade
- helps sustain your local coppice worker
- helps protect, preserve and restore wildlife rich woodlands
- reduces the unsustainable importing of foreign charcoal
- results in a better barbecue as British made charcoal really is best
Three Copse Woodland are members of Grown in Britain with a licence proving that their woodland is sustainably managed.
So enjoy the sun, get the BBQ out and make sure you pick up a bag of local charcoal along with a couple of steaks, burgers and pork chops at the Stansted Farm Shop.