Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
Total Time 35 minutes Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes
250g plain flour + 2 teaspoons for coating apples
11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon for coating apples
250g diced apples
125gunsalted butter, room temperature
125g granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Topping:
125g butter melted
50g granulated sugar 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375o F. Spray muffin tins with bakers spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from the tins after coating
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Toss together diced apples and 2 teaspoons of flour to coat apples in a separate bowl. Set aside.
4. Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla.
5. Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in diced apples and scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
6. Prepare topping for muffins while the muffins are baking by melting the butter and allowing to cool slightly. Pour butter into a separate bowl sized easy for dipping tops of muffins. Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside.
7. Once muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin. Then, remove each muffin and brush the butter on with a pastry brush (or dip into the melted butter) and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place onto a plate to finish cooling.