In the butchery, we have the full steak selection, with some great offers for your romantic weekend. You can choose between Rump, Sirloin, Ribeye or Fillet or go for the spectacular Tomahawk steak or T-bone. All come from aged Aberdeen Angus beef, providing tender, full-flavoured steak.
Buy any two sirloin steaks or venison steaks (250g each) and a bottle of Cotes Du Rhone for £19.99
To help in cooking the perfect steak, here are some guidelines:
- Make sure the steak is at room temperature before you start, so remove your steak from the fridge an hour before cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat your pan so the oil is just starting to smoke, this will sear the steak.
- Over-cooking the steak will make it tougher, so aim for rare or medium-rare.
- Turn your steak every minute or so to ensure an even cook.
- Rest your steak on a plate for 2 minutes to relax it.
- Add a knob of butter or olive oil to finish.
- De-glaze the pan with wine.