This is a great salad to be made now, when the peaches are soft, juicy and bursting with flavour. If you want to make this at other times of the year, then you can grill the peach halves to bring out their flavour if they are a bit hard.
- 6 ripe peaches
- 20 pitted green olives
- 4 tbsp Oil
- small bunch basil
- 2 tsp balsamic pearls
- 200g ricotta
- 60g rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blend the oil and basil in a blender with a generous pinch of salt. You could use decent pesto instead.
- Slice each peach in half using a small knife, going around the stone from top to bottom. Twist the peach between your hands to separate the 2 halves.
- Remove the stone then cut each peach into small wedges.
- Divide between the 4 plates.
- Dot the ricotta over the peaches and then season each plate with sea salt and black pepper.
- Then, divide between the plates and add the olives and then the balsamic pearls Scatter the rocket over the top and then drizzle the basil oil over everything.