This Punjabi style tomato-based curry is aromatic, decadent and made with vine-ripened Isle of Wight tomatoes, garlic, spices and cream. It’s the perfect base for a quick meal with plenty of flavour. It’s a versatile sauce that you can use with your favourite vegetables, meat or fish. For something a little different we’ve paired it with fresh diced mutton.
Makhani Mutton Curry
– 500g diced mutton or lamb
– 1 tbsp oil or ghee
– 2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1. Heat up the ghee or oil in a large frying pan, add the mutton and sauté over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned on all sides.
2. Turn the heat down to low. Sprinkle the optional garam masala over the meat for an extra kick, stir and cook for another minute.
3. Pour in the Makhani sauce, stir in well and simmer on a very low heat for 20-30 minutes.
4. Serve with rice, naan or chapatis and your favourite sides, and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.