The Crew of the Spice Island Chilli Company have started a hidden treasure competition.
They’ve hidden inside a scattering of random Spice Island Chilli bottles Bronze, Silver or Gold coins that offer you the chance to win prizes and discounts throughout this year’s Autumn and Winter seasons. On our shelves, we have their superb range of Chilli Sauce Food Pairings inside of which may contain hidden treasure coins. If you crack open a bottle of chilli sauce, not only will you get a mighty burst of flavour, but you might also get a prize.
- Bronze coins = 20% off online orders.
- Silver coins = Five free bottles, one each from the range.
- Gold coins = £50 John Lewis voucher or £50 Fortnum & Mason voucher.
There are a choice of 5 different sauces,
Hardy’s Kiss made with Jalapeño and Lime – Mild Heat
Bligh’s Revenge made with Chipotle & Tomato – Medium Heat
Drakes Gold is made with Habanero, Pineapple and Allspice – Sweet, Medium Heat
Centurion 1744 made with Scotch Bonnet & Spiced Rum – Very Hot
Ghost Ship is made with Roasted Red Pepper, Garlic, Lime and Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers) – Super Hot
Superb as dips, marinades or sauces, they have lots of inspiring recipe suggestions. If you like a proper breakfast, then this has to be one of my favourites:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 1 flour tortilla wrap
- 1 egg
- 200g can black beans, drained
- juice ½ lime
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Any spice island chilli sauce of your choice
- Coriander and fresh chilli garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the tortilla and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until crisping at the edges.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Crack the egg into the pan and cook to your liking.
- Meanwhile, tip the beans into a bowl, season and add a squeeze of lime, then lightly mash with a fork.
- Spread the beans over the tortilla, top with the egg, avocado, feta and chilli sauce.
- Squeeze over a little more lime juice and garnish with coriander and chilli.