Our delicious wood-fired pizzas are available in the courtyard every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as half terms and holidays (weather permitting) between 12-3 pm.
If there are more than four of you, it’s advisable to email us for a reservation (or call 02392 413 576) – and the courtyard is also available for private hire and parties.
We have been working hard on creating a seriously tasty pizza for this summer. It all starts the day before when we mix the dough by hand and allow it to rise overnight. The following morning the dough is knocked back and then made into individual balls and allowed to rise again.
The tomato base is a passata made from fresh tomatoes. That’s it. We roll out the dough, add the passata or pesto, then a variety of cheeses and toppings. It’s the homemade dough, baked in the wood-fired oven at around 650 degrees F that makes these pizzas stand apart from the majority.
Our Menu for the next couple of months will be:
Kids Pizza Menu
- Kids mozzarella cheese & tomato pizza £5
- Kids olive oil parmesan & garlic pizza £5
- Hummus, carrots and cucumber. £3
- Nutbourne tomato & rocket salad with aged balsamic dressing £3
Adults Pizza Menu
- Nutbourne heirloom tomato, mozzarella & basil pizza £8
- Basil pesto, courgette, peppers, goats cheese, rocket & aged balsamic dressing £8
- Roasted jalapeño, pepperoni, sausage, red onion, tomato sauce & mozzarella £8.50
- Sandridge bacon, blue cheese, red onion, garlic, parsley & olive oil £8.50
- BBQ rare breed pork, red onion, peppers & mozzarella £8.50
If you plan to come with a large group, please call in advance on 02392 413 576 so that we can be prepared. We cater for kids parties that can include a train ride on the model steam railway, a trip in the maze, cakes, snack trays, drinks and goodie bags. Please get in touch for more information.
Our pizza ovens are mobile and can be taken to events and parties where at full capacity we can cook 6 pizzas every 2 minutes.
We source the wood from the Stansted forestry, using sustainable ash and hazel, as well as some kiln-dried oak from a local furniture maker.
Each oven is handmade to order and we are now selling pizza ovens which come with a pizza paddle, brush and thermometer. If you are interested, come and visit the shop to see our ovens in action. Prices are from £495.