The Newt Cyder is made from estate-grown apples in Sommerset with 100% apple juice, using slow cold fermentation to release the residual sweetness of this humble fruit. The apples are crushed in the press then pumped into their state-of-the-art Cyder Cellar, where the Newt employ the most advanced technology and creativity to preserve subtle flavours and vitamins within the juice.
- Signature blend 375ml – Created from over 22 apple varieties, the Signature blend is a classic West Country cyder, a true expression of Somerset heritage. The 375ml bottle size makes it the perfect drink to pull from the fridge and enjoy with friends.Best served chilled on its own or with a piece of well-aged Somerset cheddar.
- Dabinett 750ml – Discovered by chance in a Somerset hedgerow by Dr William Dabinett, the aromatic Dabinett apple produces a bittersweet sparkling cyder that is soft on the palate. To get the best flavour from this English classic, we cold-ferment the juice until it is a well-balanced and medium cyder.
- Ice Cider 375ml – The Newt has simulated the freezing conditions found there to create this unctuous English ice cyder. Made from various varieties of freshly pressed eating apples, including Ida Red, Jonagold and Braeburn, the juice is crash-frozen in 1,000 litres cube containers to minus 25℃ where the frozen juice is held for a minimum of 5 weeks.
- Fine Cyder 750ml – This is the 2020 vintage fine cyder, made with specially selected dessert apples using precise wine-making techniques and slowly cold fermented in our cellar. The result is a super-fresh elegant, still cyder; you can expect ripe pear, melon and almond on the nose, with a crisp apple taste
- Apple Gin 70cl – This is a truly delicious gin, incredibly smooth and distinct. This small-batch apple gin is distilled in Somerset makes for a refreshing garden drink. It’s crafted with apple juice straight from the press and flavoured with botanicals from their gardens.