The Tomato Stall’s wonderful tomotoes are like sweets, brightly coloured, with a juicy burst of sweetness – but healthy. This is a great way of using that sweetness, with the halloumi balancing it out, and the skewers make it easy to grill on the BBQ.
- 250g Isle of Wight Mixed mini plum tomatoes (you can add other veg, or even peaches)
- 250g halloumi cheese, cut into 16 chunks
For the pesto (you can buy different versions)
- 2 cups tightly packed Basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon Juice
- Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to combine until the mixture is coarsely ground. Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon and nutritional yeast and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Arrange your skewers by alternating the halloumi cheese and mixed plum tomatoes. Baste the kebabs in the pesto.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill pan and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the tomatoes are just tender.
- Serve while still hot with warm pitta bread.