The mix of squash in this soup lends it a beautiful silky texture, providing a warming autumnal hug. We have 4 different types of organic squash in the farm shop at the moment, and they keep very well so you can have them as decoration to start off with. The squash soup also freezes well so you can make a large batch, then portion it out.
SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
• 100ML RAPESEED OIL
• 2tsp CUMIN SEED
• 1tsp CORRIANDER SEED
• 1/2tsp MUSTARD SEED
• 1/2tsp FENNEL SEED
• 1/2tsp BLACK PEPPER
• 1/2tsp GREEN CARDAMON
• 1 DICED ONION
• 2inch GRATED GINGER
• 2 SLICED GARLIC CLOVES
• 1TBS SALT
• 1 DICED HARLEQUIN SQUASH
• 1 DICED CROWN PRINCE
• 1 DICED LARGE POTATO
• 1 DICED COOKING APPLE
• 2 LITRES WATER
1. Toast the spices covered and on a medium heat
2. When you hear the mustard seeds popping on the lid, add the onions, garlic & ginger.
3. Season with half the salt, stir, increase the heat to high, lid on
4. cook for 5 minutes then add rest of ingredients, except the water, lid on
5. after 5 minutes stir and reduce heat to medium
6. cook for another 15 minutes
7. add water and return to high, boil for 15 minutes
8. blend soup and check for seasoning
9. you can finish with cream or soy milk for added richness, also fresh coriander
Hi Gavin, I’m planning on using my French courgettes. Can you give some idea of weight!
Comments are closed.