Pico de gallo is easy to put together, is fantastic with a range of Isle of Wight tomatoes, and can be used as a dip (especially with Broad Bean Chips) or a fresh accompaniment to fish, BBQ meats, or spread over cheesy tortillas.
Fresh pico de gallo (salsa)
- 2 large tomatoes, or a large handful of smaller ones. (Try a variety of colours for an even more vibrant salsa.)
- 1 small romano pepper (or ½ bell pepper)
- ½ a small red onion
- 1 small chilli
- ½ a lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- A handful of coriander
- Sea salt
- Dice the tomato, red onion and pepper into small chunks and put into a bowl.
- Very finely dice, or mince, the chilli and garlic and add that in too.
- Give it all a good sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander and add that to the bowl
- Mix everything together and serve.